Wednesday 3 June 2009

Day Five - Behavioural Prescription

Dr B. suggests that I draw up a behavioural prescription which will guide me through the tougher times and help me to be conscious of my behaviour -

1. Itchy skin on waking (I don't necessarily scratch but it becomes quite trying) - Get up and get straight into bath.
Also, I find I am itchy and would normally scratch a bit when I try to get back to sleep after my daughter first wakes in the morning (she wakes at 6am for a bottle and we all go back to sleep for an hour) - I may need to stop climbing back into bed after giving her a bottle in the mornings and start the day earlier.
3. Scratching while concentrating on computer screen at night - limit my working at night so that I do bare minimum and am focused on scratching pattern during that time.
4. Rubbing my face as I walk into the toilet/leave the toilet - remind myself that this is what I do. And place a note on the door!

On the whole, I feel that things are progressing well, and I am reducing my scratching and feeling positive.

My total is coming down (slowly but still) - 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment